Get Involved - Employment
Tobacco Reduction Project Specialist
DESCRIPTION: The Tobacco Reduction Associate helps coordinates activities of the project to reduce smoking among persons with HIV including providing guidance and encouragement to clients in smoking cessation attempts as well as working across agency services to assure staff competency, completion of assessment activities and appropriate documentation.
- Making referrals to the Michigan’s Tobacco Quit Line.
- Arranging and Facilitating focus groups.
- Conducting brief tobacco use assessments/re-assessments and entering data into CareWare.
- Assuring client and staff participation in completing project surveys and assessments
- Researches and creates local tobacco dependence treatment client resources and makes them available internally for clients and staff.
- Develop expertise around evidence-based tobacco cessation interventions and strategies
- Motivation and self-direction; ability to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Skills related to leadership, motivation, group dynamics, and client retention
- Computer competency, including the ability to enter and access data relevant to program, required.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to work with other community-based human services organizations.
- Sensitivity to ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, values, beliefs, and behaviors
- Flexibility with client's priorities, evolving needs, and goals.
- Ability to meet deadlines
Education: Minimum BA/BS degree in human services. Equivalent related work experience will be considered. Current HIV Prevention & Testing certification through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) preferred or obtained within six months of hire.
Experience: Experience working or proven ability to effectively work with and communicate with diverse communities of sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, race, ethnicity, and cultures.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of HIV/ STI Information. Working knowledge of the community, health systems, key stakeholders and peer leaders. Moderate computer literacy.
Skills: 1-2 years in group facilitation preferred. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to function independently.
Access to a properly insured vehicle for the performance of job responsibilities is a requirement for this position.
Interested? Contact Us!
Fax or mail cover letter and resume to UNIFIED-HIV Health and Beyond, 2287 Ellsworth Rd Ste B, Ypsilanti, MI 48197. Fax: 313-446-9839, Attn: Tiwanna Hatcher, Care Services Director. Resume and cover letter can also be emailed to email@example.com.