Should I get an HIV test?
This HIV Risk Assessment is a quick and simple way to give you a sense of whether you should get an HIV test.
Answer Yes or No to Each Question Below
- In the last three months, have you had unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex with anyone whose HIV status you didn’t know, or whose status is different than yours?
- Have you had a sexually transmitted disease within the past five years, such as Chlamydia, human papilloma virus (genital warts), gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, or hepatitis A, B, or C?
- Are any of your current or past sex partners HIV positive?
- Have you ever exchanged sex for money, drugs, alcohol or a place to stay or have you ever paid a person to have sex?
- Do you use drugs or alcohol before or during sex?
- Have you ever used a needle to inject drugs into your veins or under your skin, including steroids?
- Have any of your current or past sex partners ever injected drugs into their veins or under their skin, including steroids?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may be at risk for HIV